Hi guys! Dinner needed to be simple tonight because I made plans with a girlfriend to go to a painting class. Crockpot brisket seemed like an easy and delicious choice so everything was ready to eat when Andres got home. This is super easy if you have a short amount of time to whip up something healthy and compliant.
- 1 pound of beef brisket
- 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
- Dash of paprika
- Dash of cumin
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tbspn grass fed butter
- Splash of full fat coconut milk
- Cayenne Pepper
- In your crockpot, add your brisket with ACV, paprika, garlic powder, and cumin. Cook on low for 10 hours
- Chop your sweet potatoes and boil until soft. Add your butter and coconut milk and mash with immersion blender (Thanks Chelsea!) I like to keep the skin on because there are a ton of vitamins in the skin of sweet potato. If you don’t like the skin, you can peel before you boil. About halfway through mashing, add cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, and cinnamon.
- Shred your brisket and plate with your sweet potato mash! I added some over-ripe avocado for some saltiness. Enjoy 🙂
Boyfriend approved! 🙂
I wanted to give a specific shout out to my friend Ali. She is currently in the Middle East and started a blog about her travel and experiences. Check out her beautiful pictures and her incredible writing here!