Got another recipe coming in hot! I’ve been cooking so much lately and I love it. I bought a ton of meat at Costco including bison, ground beef, ground turkey, salmon, steaks…a TON. Tonight I wanted to experiment with my salmon. My usual prepared way is pretty typical: salt, pepper, and dill. I think dill is absolutely delicious and a perfect compliment to salmon, so I just wanted to do some sort of dill salmon makeover, if you will. Aside from how awesome this dish is, the best part of all is that you can stick everything in the oven at the same temp! How often does that happen? It also makes this meal really easy. Check it out…
- 2 Salmon fillets (If you’re cooking for 2)
- 1 pound of okra chopped into pieces
- 1 large rutagaba peeled and chopped french fry style
- Olive oil
- ground mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- 1 tbsp of grass-fed butter cut into two pieces
- Paleo Ketchup: tomato paste, vinegar, garlic powder, salt, water. Mix and taste test!
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Add your sliced rutabaga to a baking sheet. Toss in olive oil, salt and pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add your chopped okra to a glass baking dish and toss in cumin, paprika, and a dash of cayenne (or more if you like a lot of heat)
- Mix your ground mustard, dill, salt and pepper, and garlic powder in a bowl and rub onto salmon fillets. Add your grass fed butter on top.
- Put everything in the oven together! I suggest putting the rutabaga on the top rack so it gets crispy. The salmon will need to be left in about 15-20 minutes. The okra about 20 minutes. The rutabaga fries will need about 20 minutes and then 3 extra minutes on low broil.
- Plate, slop on some of your delicious homemade ketchup and feast!