Yum. These are so stinkin’ good. I usually make sweet plantains because I love bananas, but I wanted something a little tart. If you’re not a fan of tart you can always add some stevia or honey (if you’re not on WLC). I think this makes for a perfect breakfast or side with some chicken or pork chops.
- 3 over-ripe plantains
- 2 black plums
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil; melted
- Sea salt
- Juice of a quarter of a lemon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice your plantains and cut your plums into wedges.
- Add your plantains first to a glass baking dish and drizzle coconut oil and sea salt.
- Add your plums and squeeze your lemon.
- At this point, if you aren’t a fan of tartness, you can add your stevia or honey. I chose not to 🙂
- Toss your mixture and bake for 25 minutes or until plums start to wilt.
- Serve cold or hot!
**Another suggestion I have for added sweetness is to caramelize your plums before adding them to your dish. Just saute them in a fry pan with coconut oil and pour juices over your plantains before roasting.
Let me know how you enjoy this 🙂