I don’t have too long of a post to share today because we were dumb and didn’t take pictures of our beautiful dinner. Some friends of ours had us over for a delicious paleo meal and the heat game. We had pecan crusted chicken with pesto zoodles and I made garlic bacon and chive mashed cauli and brought two bottles of cab. (Which we polished off before the end of the game.) She sent me the recipe so I will certainly be making it again and will share with all of you.
I had never made mashed cauliflower prior to last night and I am an unfortunate soul without a food processor so I did not even think I would be capable of making it. I do, however, have a Nutribullet at my disposal which ended up working perfectly. I noticed there weren’t many recipes for mashed cauliflower using anything but a food processor, so I made one up myself!
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- splash of vegetable broth
- splash of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp of minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup of chives; chopped
- 5 strips of crispy bacon; crumbled
- Preheat your oven to 395 degrees. Then put your bacon in for about 10-15 minutes or until very crispy.
- Chop your heads of cauliflower into small chunks and put into microwavable dish with about a 1/2 cup of water at the bottom. Put in the microwave for around 8-10 minutes or until soft.
- Let cauli cool for a few minutes. Then add bits to your nutribullet with garlic, coconut milk, and vegetable broth. You only need a splash of each. ( Not all of my pieces fit into the bullet at a time, so you may need to repeat this process 3-4 times until you’ve got a nice serving size.) Blend until smooth or the consistency you like.
- Add your chopped chives, salt, pepper, and bacon bits to the cauliflower.
- Serve hot!
** I suggest taste testing along the way. You might want to add a little of your bacon fat into the mixture for additional flavor. I personally like mine to be a little on the salty side, so I kept adding bacon and salt until I got a flavor I like. These are very versatile!
Hope you enjoy 🙂