This recipe was inspired by my friend Sara’s amazing looking crab cake recipe. I tweaked it based on what I had at home because I needed to cook a lot to prep for this weekend. Check her recipe out on her Instagram. Here’s what mine looked like:
Here’s how I tweaked it because I was too lazy to go shopping 🙂
- Around 15-20 shrimp deveined, tail removed, and chopped into small pieces
- Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup Tessamae’s Lemon Chesapeake
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 small yellow onion chopped finely
- 4 bundles of green onion chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of pecans; chopped finely
- Salt and Pepper
- Combine all ingredients with the exception of 1 egg and your pecans.
- In a bowl, whisk your second egg to serve as your egg wash.
- Make cakes with your mixture and dip into egg wash and again into chopped pecans.
- Fry in coconut oil at medium heat for about 3-5 minutes each side. (Sara suggests that it’s okay if these are a little burnt and I found that to be incredibly true and helpful! Having them a little crispy allowed for them to hold better.)
- You could serve this over salad or just eat as is 🙂